White Pigmented Wax Emulsion
Curing Compound with Penetrating
Silencure DOT is a water-based, white pigmented wax emulsion curing compound with penetrating silane/siloxane sealer for concrete pavement. When applied to freshly placed concrete, Silencure DOT produces a continuous film, allowing it to retain water, enable its full hydration, and allowing it to achieve higher ultimate strengths while reducing surface cracks. The white pigmentation keeps the concrete surface cool, and ensures the maximum achievement of its mix design specifications.
Silencure DOT is unique to any other highway pavement curing compounds because in addition to being an effective film forming curing and sealing compound, it contains silane and siloxane. Both silane and siloxane penetrate the fresh concrete and provide long term protection, even after the film has dissipated.
Unlike other silane or siloxane treatments, Silencure DOT can be applied to fresh concrete and cures to ASTM C309 standards. Unlike other curing compounds, Silencure DOT penetrates into the pores of the concrete and forms a hydrophobic gel that meets the chloride ion restrictions of NCHRP 244 to reduce the penetration of water, salts and deicing chemicals.
- Use on exterior fresh concrete to cure the concrete to ASTM C309 specifications. Curing minimizes crazing and shrinkage cracks. Silencure DOT maximizes the strength and durability of concrete.
- Provides long term protection to exterior concrete from the damaging effects of water and salt penetration. The silane in Silencure Dot reduces spalling and damage from freeze thaw cycles more effectively and for a much longer time than normal film forming cure & seal products.
- After fulfilling the curing function, the wax film quickly wears away with exposure to construction or traffic wear, eliminating residual concerns about skid resistance.
- Silencure DOT performs in one step what other products require multiple steps. To duplicate the performance of Silencure DOT:
- Water Curing: Water cure for 7 days. Then return after a minimum of 28 days, power wash to clean the concrete of all dirt, grease, and debris. Once dry, apply a penetrating silane or siloxane.
- Film forming curing compound: Apply after all bleed water has dissipated and application will not mar surface. After 28 days return to strip the film with chemicals and high pressure water. Wait for the surface to dry then apply a penetrating silane or siloxane.
- Silencure DOT provides effective film forming curing/ sealing properties and efficient long term silane protection in one simple application.