› Product Support › Safety
Learn how to use our products and find answers to questions or concerns.
Safety Precautions When Working with Solvent Containing Sealers
When working with any solvent containing sealers follow good solvent handling practices. The guidelines below are general precautions that will allow for safe handling, application and storage of ChemMasters solvent containing products:
- Work in well ventilated areas. ChemMasters doesn't suggest the use of its solvent containing products in occupied residential homes. A safer choice is ChemMasters water-based products, which have significantly reduced odor and flammability hazards during and after application.
- Always wear the appropriate personal protective equipment during the application. This includes, goggles, solvent-resistant gloves and if applying products in enclosed areas, a half-face respirator fitted with organic vapor cartridges. Generally respirators will not be required when handling solvent based products outdoors on driveways, walkways and patios; however, when working in a garage the doors should be completely open to the air for good ventilation.
- Always read the material safety data sheet in its entirety, paying close attention to sections 2 and 4 for hazards and first aid measures, respectively. Should material splash onto skin and clothing, remove affected clothing immediately and wash skin with mild soap or dish detergent and water.
- Never work around ignition sources including pilot lights, open flames, lighters of any sort or excessively hot surfaces around welding equipment, etc.
- Once the application is completed, any unused material should be tightly sealed and stored in a dry, safe location such as a garage or storage shed. Avoid storing solvent containing materials in your home.
- Any rags that become saturated with solvent must first be allowed to dry thoroughly by allowing the solvent to evaporate completely. In lieu of this, solvent saturated rags can be placed in a tightly sealed metal container (gallon can) and brought to a disposal center in your city or municipality for proper disposal.
© 2019 ChemMasters, Inc.
Silencure, Polyseal, Traz, Aquanil, Spall Guard, Chemisil, EZ Strip Cure, SafeSeal, Spray Film, DuraShield SRT, Slip Stop and Exposee are trademarks of ChemMasters, Inc. ChemMasters and Safe-Cure are registered trademarks of ChemMasters, Inc.
300 Edwards Street, Madison, Ohio 44057
Phone 440.428.2105 - 800.486.7866