› Product Support › Safety
Learn how to use our products and find answers to questions or concerns.
Safety Precautions When Working with Solvent-Based Liquids
Vapors are flammable and may be heavier than air
- Do not use near sources of ignition
- Flammable vapors may travel
Do not use indoors or in confined areas outdoors
Do not use near sources of ignition
Do not inhale vapors – they are harmful
Use protective equipment & clothing
- Safety Glasses
- Protective Clothing
- Don’t become complacent. Retain a healthy respect for the dangers of working with chemicals.
- Doing it wrong a thousand times before just means you’re lucky.
- Luck is all about the past. Safety is about your future.
- Safety begins before you’re on the jobsite.
Before you select a product - Read and understand the manufacturer’s Technical Data Sheet. If anything is unclear call ChemMasters’ Technical Service at 1-800-486-7866.
- Make sure the product is recommended for the application, purpose and location in which you intend to use it.
- Make sure the product is recommended for the anticipated environmental conditions and application techniques.
- Make sure you understand the surface preparation requirements.
- Pay particular attention to required timing and limitations.
- Have a plan in place for your application process.
Before you arrive at the jobsite - Read and understand the manufacturer’s Safety Data Sheet. If anything is unclear, call ChemMasters’ Technical Service at 1-800-486-7866.
- Understand both the health and safety hazards posed by the product and environment in which you intend to apply it.
- Have a plan in place to address hazards should they occur.
- Understand and employ the recommended PPE.
- Make sure everyone on the jobsite is similarly informed.
Before you begin working at the jobsite, make sure you’re prepared.
- Is everyone on site aware of the hazards and limitations?
- Is everyone aware of your plan to address hazards should they occur?
- Is adequate safety equipment on hand?
- Is everyone wearing the recommended PPE?
- Review the product label prior to opening the container.
© 2022 ChemMasters, Inc.
Silencure, Polyseal, Traz, Aquanil, Spall Guard, Chemisil, EZ Strip Cure, SafeSeal, Spray Film, DuraShield SRT, Slip Stop and Exposee are trademarks of ChemMasters, Inc. ChemMasters and Safe-Cure are registered trademarks of ChemMasters, Inc.
300 Edwards Street, Madison, Ohio 44057
Phone 440.428.2105 - 800.486.7866