ChemMasters’ Safe-Cure & Seal EPX is a low-VOC, two component, water-based epoxy, cure and protect and primer for concrete. It effectively cures fresh concrete and protects concrete surfaces from freeze/thaw cycles, deicing chemicals, dirt and other contaminants. Safe-Cure & Seal EPX is also a high-performance primer for use with ChemMasters Duraguard 310CRU and GreenThane 310WB pigmented coating systerms. It is available in clear, pigmented, or white primer formulations.
- Use on interior or exterior, horizontal or vertical, concrete surfaces.
- Curing fresh concrete to provide effective hydration of the cement to ASTM C1315 standards.
- High performance coating for formed and poured, tilt wall, or precast structures.
- Curing compound and epoxy primer for Duraguard 310CRU and GreenThane 310WB in D.O.T. concrete coating applications including bridge, median, and sound barrier surfaces.
- Cures, protects, and primes in a single economical application.
- May be top coated with pigmented Safe-Cure & Seal EPX, Duraguard 310CRU or GreenThane 310WB.
- Eliminates costly chemical or mechanical removal of curing membrane prior to application of polymer coatings.
- Excellent resistance to chloride ion penetration yet exhibits high level of moisture vapor transmission when fully cured.
- Significantly improved wear and chemical resistance over standard resin or acrylic curing compounds.
- Exceptional tensile and shear bond strengths for improved durability.