When applied to fresh concrete, Silencure-A produces a non yellowing, clear, continuous film, which effectively cures fresh concrete and provide a tough protective acrylic film to the surface.
Silencure-A is a solvent based product which meets the VOC requirements of the Ozone Transport Commission, in effect as of Jan. 1st, 2005.
Silencure-A is unique because in addition to being an effective film forming curing and sealing compound, it contains silane. The silane penetrates the fresh concrete and provides long term protection for the concrete after the film has dissipated.
Unlike other silane or siloxane treatments, Silencure-A can be applied to fresh concrete to cure to ASTM C-309 standards. Unlike other curing compounds, Silencure penetrates into the pores of the concrete and forms a hydrophobic gel that meets the chloride ion restrictions of NCHRP 244 to reduce the penetration of water, salts and deicing chemicals.
- Use on exterior fresh concrete to cure the concrete. Curing minimizes crazing and shrinkage cracks. Silencure-A forms a film that holds moisture in the fresh concrete to help the cement to fully hydrate. This process helps to maximize the strength and durability of the concrete.
- Provide long term protection to exterior concrete from the damaging effects of water and salt penetration. The silane in Silencure reduces spalling and damage from freeze thaw cycles more effectively and for a much longer time than normal film forming cure & seal products.
- Complies with the VOC standards for concrete sealers in the following states: California, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington and other area that require the VOC limits on curing & sealing compounds to be less than 350 grams per liter
- Silencure-A performs in one step what requires several steps for other products. To duplicate the performance of Silencure with standard products, the following steps are required:
1. Cure the fresh concrete by water curing for 7 days or the application of a film forming curing compound.
2. If water curing, return after a minimum of 28 days to clean the concrete of any dirt, grease etc. If curing with a curing compound, strip the cure with chemicals and high pressure water
3. After the concrete thoroughly dries, apply a
penetrating silane or siloxane
- Silencure-A provides effective film forming curing / sealing properties and efficient long term silane protection in one simple application